After several years in the kitchen, I have learned not to do these things:
- Adding chicken breader in place of breadcrumbs in beef. Who knew you could make mushy ground beef so easily ?
- Mayonnaise biscuits = Several of my church cookbooks have recipes for mayonnaise biscuits. I went through a phase once where I tried repeatedly to bake those. And they never came out right.
- Converting a spicy cherry-garlic dip recipe into cherry cupcake filling
- Leaving the room for "just a second" while custard was on the stove
- A toasted English muffin with peanut butter and peanut butter M&Ms (When I was twelve, not recently. What was I thinking ? 0_0)
- Chicken marinated in pink raspberry vinaigrette. The chicken tasted good. But it was like pulling teeth trying to convince everyone "Look, it's just the coloring from the dressing. You will not get sick."
I would love to hear everyone else's kitchen mistakes. And if you're wondering, dinner at the AMW house tonight is indeed tacos with mushy beef. Yep, one of those cooking days...