Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Greek-Style Bread

My poor bread maker has been neglected and ignored for one year. I dusted it off last night, scrubbed the bread pan and insides clean, etc. Then I made this delicious loaf of bread:

Greek-Style Bread
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil [I used olive oil]
1 tsp salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups crumbled feta cheese, drained and patted dry is necessary
1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives, drained [I left these out. We're not an olive family]
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp bread machine yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer,
adding cheese and olives with flour.

Recommended cycle: basic/white bread cycle: medium/normal colour setting.

Credit: Bread Machine Recipes: Great Recipes from Gold Medal and Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast

No comments: