Monday, December 08, 2008

Andes Peppermint Crunch: Indulgence, Candy Cane Design

The other night, I was on an errand at Winn Dixie. I came across a stack of Andes Mints called Andes Peppermint Crunch: Indulgence, Candy Cane Design. You know I can't resist trying something new. And I do love Andes mints !

The caption on the bag is "crunchy bits of peppermint & has a delightfully embossed candy cane design on top." The bag itself is red,white and silver, with 2 green holly leaves and 2 images of the candies. Each candy is individually wrapped in red, white and silver foil. There are about 28 pieces in a bag.

The mints had a nice peppermint smell. Each piece had three layers:
- Layer 1: White chocolate with red peppermint speckles and candy cane design
- Layer 2: Red [tasted the same as white layer]
- Layer 3: White chocolate with red peppermint speckles
The white and red layers tasted like Wilton Candy Melts. They were very sugary. The peppermint bits were more like crunchy cookie bits than peppermint candy. Also, the peppermint flavor left the AMW family commenting "it's like I used mouthwash and ate candy melts simultaneously."

I probably won't buy these again. They were not of the caliber I usually expect from Andes mints.

No comments: