Tuesday, December 09, 2008

T.G.I. Friday's, Orange Park, Florida

T.G.I. Friday's
1301 Wells Road
Orange Park Mall
Orange Park, Florida 32073
(904) 215-7030



  • Cobb Salad

  • Chilled and diced fire–grilled chicken, crisp bacon, avocado, Cheddar cheese, egg, black olives, tomatoes and bleu cheese on salad greens. Tossed with your choice of dressing.

    The Cobb salad was very good. It had the right amount of eggs, bacon and cheese.



  • Order of onion rings

  • The amount of onion rings was skimpy.



  • Chipotle Grilled Steak Sandwich

  • Tender Cajun–rubbed skirt steak served on toasted ciabatta with a blend of Colby and Monterrey Jack cheeses, roasted plantain slices, lettuce, tomato, onion & Chipotle mayo. Served with beer–battered onion rings.

    My first impression was "This sandwich is kind of small." But it was much more filling than I expected. The bread was soft and flavorful. The skirt steak was tender and perfectly grilled. I didn't taste any Cajun rub on the meat. It had just the right amount of Colby and Monterrey Jack. I would recommend asking for the mayo and lettuce on the side; the mayo and the heat of the steak made the lettuce limp and soggy. The three plantains slices were put inside the sandwich; I should have asked for them on the side, too. For some reason, the onion rings and the plantains all tasted like French toast. I guess they were cooked in the same oil. I was given a rather tiny amount of onion rings, just like my dining companion.



  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

  • Peanut butter graham crust filled with layers of chocolate ganache and fluffy peanut butter mousse topped with whipped cream and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

    The peanut butter pie cost $4.89. What our waitress brought was a 3 inch wide, 1 1/2 foot long rectangular plate with a teeny, tiny sliver of pie. Most of the plate was just pudding (excuse me, mousse) drizzled artistically. The pie was tasty. But you can bet I won't buy desserts at T.G.I. Friday's again. What a ripoff.

    No comments: