If you have read part 1 and part 2 about my sourdough starter, you might wonder what happened to that. Long story short, it got boring really quickly. Every day, I had to add flour and water to the jars. Every four days, I had to move the starter to clean jars. It quickly went from "yay, I'll be able to make sourdough bread when I want" to "*sarcasm* Oh yeah, I'll be able to make sourdough all the time, woo hoo. Not."
Halfway through this process, I realized there is a good reason for draining the excess liquid daily. The actual dough is sitting at the bottom of the jar. I ended up with four big jars of liquid before I made that discovery *bangs head on desk* Also, a lot of the recipes I tried were just meh. It's definitely not a project I'll take on again. I'll probably stick with buying sourdough from a bakery.