Monday, May 15, 2017

Hershey's Cherry Cheesecake Bar

Our fourth & final post about Hershey's Flavors Of America series is the Hershey's Cherry Cheesecake Bar: Flavor Of New York. I had really high hopes for this candy bar. What's not to love about cherries, cheesecake & a crust of "crispy cookies" ?

The smell of Hershey's Cherry Cheesecake is delectable. It brings to mind vanilla & butter. I was not enthusiastic about the flavor, however. The candy bar tasted like a vanilla-cherry syrup drink you might get at an old fashioned malt shop drink, but not in an enjoyable way. There was just something off about the taste.

I also disliked the crispy cookie bits. They were decent sized & colored by beets (per the ingredient list), but added nothing to this product. Actual graham cracker pieces would have been a much tastier idea. Also of note: the wrapper does not say whether the bar is white chocolate or vanilla creme. Although I can definitely say the chocolate in this case does not taste like a Hershey's Cookies & Creme Bar.

Out of the three Hershey's Flavors Of America bars, the Hershey's Cherry Cheesecake was the most tolerable flavor. Although that is not saying much because I didn't end up loving the Strawberry Kit Kats or the BBQ Payday, either. I wouldn't buy the Hershey's Cherry Cheesecake Bar again.

Shelf box at Walmarat

Look at this festive wrapper. Can't you just hear Sinatra belting out New York, New York ?

Did I take this picture in the dark, or did my camera flash decide to malfunction ? ¿Por que no los dos ? 

Only the crunchy bits are actually pink. The camera phone, my backup plan after the flash fiasco, gave this bar a pinkish tint. . 


No comments: