Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Amy's Country Dinner

This meal from Amy's consists of vegetarian Salisbury steak, gravy,mashed potatoes, green beans and apple crisp. The Salisbury steak is made from grains, walnuts and a little bit of cheddar cheese.

- I am not a big fan of Salisbury steak most of the time. I have too many memories of the U.S. public school system's version of it : P However, Amy's vegetarian Salisbury steak was tender and flavorful. I really could taste the small amount of cheddar in it.
-I've always hated green beans. The smell of boiled [canned]green beans makes me gag. But this side dish was the complete opposite of what I expected. The green beans smelled wonderful and were very fresh tasting.
- The amount of gravy on the steak was moderate, which I liked.
-The mashed potatoes were smooth and creamy.
-The apple crisp was another pleasant surprise. Anyone who's had apple crisp in a frozen meal knows it tends to be mushy and sub par, at best. That was not the case this time. The apples were fresh tasting and deliciously seasoned.

No comments: