Friday, August 10, 2007

Wolfgang Puck's Pizza

The grocery store I currently shop at is not where one would expect to find gourmet products. So I was surprised to come across Wolfgang Puck's All Natural Four Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Pizza. The four cheeses are mozzarella, fontina, parmesan and goat cheese. Huge props for that combination and the soft, thick crust. It cooked rather quickly, too.

However, the tomatoes were soggy. This pizza would have been perfect if it had been topped with the sweet, succulent tomatoes Amy's Organic uses. Also, the pie is rather small at 12.25 ounces. One of my roommates and I polished it off very quickly [Yes, I had three slices. Shush.].

Seven dollars for one tiny pizza is rather extravagant. I could have bought a bigger, albeit less tasty, one from Pizza Hut or Red Barron. It is unfortunate,but this yummy masterpiece is probably a one time buy for me. It seems impractical to purchase something so small and expensive unless you are eating alone or have a small appetite.

No comments: