Friday, November 14, 2008

JELL-O Singles: Sugar-Free Vanilla

Last night, Super Wal-Mart had a sale on JELL-O Singles. This product appeared simple and convenient to make. So I bought a few boxes of the sugar-free vanilla flavor.

Each box of JELL-O Singles had six sleeves of .23 oz instant pudding mix. The package promised "Ready in 5 minutes. Just add milk", "1/3 fewer calories than regular pudding" and "makes 6 one-half cup servings."

I found the foil packets difficult to open. A paper pouch would have been a better idea. I didn't care for the taste of the sugar-free vanilla pudding, either. The aftertaste was sort of papery. [I've tasted much better sugar free pudding]. Also, the mix only produced 1/3 cup serving when I followed the directions to the letter.

I didn't find JELL-O free singles to be terribly convenient or time saving. If I took the Singles to work, I'd have to worry about spilling the powder, bringing 1/2 cup milk, a spoon and a bowl to mix the powder [1 1/2 minutes, per the directions] and let the pudding set [5 minutes, again per the directions]. And that's if I wanted room temperature pudding. I would find it more convenient to buy pre-made pudding cups or put a bit of homemade pudding into a small container each day. I can't see myself buying JELL-O Singles again.

No comments: