Friday, November 14, 2008

Orville Redenbacher's Natural Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper Popcorn

Today I received a sample of Orville Redenbacher's Natural Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper Popcorn. The Redenbacher website describes the product as such:

Natural whole grain goodness with a buttery taste and a touch of cracked black pepper; no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors. It's naturally delicious!


Two of us tasted the popcorn. The other person tried it first. Her reaction was "Ewww, it's so salty. Ick ! It's burning my tongue. Way too much salt !" Then I tried the popcorn. My reaction was "It's not burning my tongue. But it tastes like someone dumped a bunch of black pepper on it...Okay, now I get why you said it burned. Because now it's burning my tongue." So "touch of cracked pepper" is a huge understatement. The taste of whole grain was largely overshadowed by the salt and pepper. The popcorn definitely did not taste buttery or "naturally delicious."

Thumbs down for Orville Redenbacher's Natural Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper Popcorn.

No comments: