Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cracker Barrel, Salisbury, North Carolina

Cracker Barrel
I-85 , Exit# 76
I-85 & Innes Street
1070 Free Land Drive
Salisbury, NC 28144
Located off I-85
(704) 636-1873


Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Skillet

This meal consisted of hash brown casserole, cheese sauce, broccoli, chicken and crushed crackers in a skillet. Our waitress gave me a funny look for asking how big the meal was ("Um, it's the same size as the menu picture.") Like that's not a valid question; the menu picture had one skillet, a veggie side (I think) and three biscuits on one plate. After a long day on the road, I certainly didn't want a potentially small meal.

This casserole had enough broccoli, chicken and cheese sauce. I would have preferred much less crushed crackers and more hash brown casserole. By the last bite, I was sick of the crackers. Also, there were mushrooms in my casserole. I don't remember mushrooms being on the menu description; if I remembered wrong, someone correct me. I assume the same serving spoon was used for their chicken mushroom jack skillet and the broccoli cheddar skillet. It's a good thing I'm not allergic to mushrooms.

Over all, the broccoli cheddar skillet was okay but not outstanding. I'll probably choose something else next time I eat at Cracker Barrel.

No comments: