Friday, December 12, 2008

Subway's Flatbread Sandwich Creations

Subway
located in Wal-Mart Supercenter
1580 Branan Field Rd
Middleburg, FL 32068

Subway recently added flatbread sandwiches to their menu. So of course a taste test was in order:

Chicken Florentine
"...tender, juicy chicken, olives, tomatoes, Tuscan spices and melted cheese, all topped off with our creamy spinach artichoke spread..."

This sandwich had just the right amount of chicken, cheese and Florentine spread. The bread was oh-so-soft and a perfect pairing with the chicken, in both the toasted and untoasted versions. The Florentine spread was deliciously savory. Thumbs up!


Steak & Bacon Melt
"...steak, crispy bacon, peppers, onions, melted cheese and your choice of veggies..."

When my sandwich was being made, I noticed two containers behind the glass. One had what looked like chunks of steak. The other had something that resembled Steak-Umms chopped into little pieces. What was put on my sandwich was the Steak-Umm type meat. I don't think I would've wanted the first bin, though; those pieces had an odd look and color. And by that I mean "overcooked and left to harden in a sunny, dusty spot." Ew.

Steak issue aside, I should have requested the bacon be left off. The salty bacon flavor overpowered the rest of sandwich's flavors. I wouldn't order the Steak and Bacon Melt again.

No comments: