Friday, December 12, 2008

Simply Orange: With Mango, Pulp Free

Yesterday I bought a bottle of Simply Orange: With Mango. I'm not a fan of mango in general; fresh mango tastes metallic to me. But I thought it would be fun to try something new.

Simply Orange: With Mango tasted like peaches to me. The fresh mango and orange flavors were not obvious to me. This product had a heavy, overly sweet aftertaste. The aftertaste reminded me of cheap citrus flavored candy.

I'm also skeptical about their slogan "Simply Unfooled Around With." The ingredient list reads as "Contains orange and mango juices, natural flavors." The mystery third ingredient(s) presumably negate the claim of "Oh, this is just o.j. with a squeeze of mango."

I probably wouldn't buy Simply Orange: With Mango again.

*ETA: Kitchen Sink / EatMyWords has a kick butt piece about why it's not "simply unfooled around with" juice:




  • Eat My Words
  • No comments: