I am picky about tea. I have a hard time finding teas that I like besides black, orange pekoe, English breakfast, etc. Plus I only drink caffeine free tea at home, since caffeine keeps me awake at night; I drink just 1 serving of caffeinated, unsweetened tea at restaurants because it's a pain in the butt finding caffeine free tea at restaurants + I'm cutting back on sugar.
I started a spreadsheet the other week to figure out what ingredients I like and dislike in tea. So far I've found that the ones I dislike have carob + vanilla, which tastes like a lollipop sans the fruit flavoring to me. Here's the breakdown so far:
- Celestial Seasonings Gingbread Spice = love it
- C.S. Safari Spice Red Tea, Red Rooibos = love it
- C.S. Sugar Plum Spice = On the fence about it. It's got a nice sweet fruit taste, but it has that gross carob and vanilla taste, too.
- C.S. Bengal Spice = It really tastes like a batch of fresh sweet tea. I don't like sweet tea, but I would serve it to people who do.
- Davidson's Coconut Vanilla = Another carob and vanilla tea. Yuck.
- C.S. Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride = Really smells like cookies, but but has carob and vanilla. Thumbs down
- C.S. Cinnamon Apple Spice = Tastes like some kind of wonky fruit scented air freshener. It has carob, too.
So I need ideas. Recommend some good teas for me to try