Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cheez-It Cheddar & Barbecue Snack Mix



I am a lifelong fan of Cheez-It crackers. Who doesn't love that cheesy, crunchy, slightly salty goodness ? Naturally I just had to try Cheez-It Cheddar & Barbecue Snack Mix when I saw a few bags at a convenience store.

There are five components to the Cheez-It Snack Mix: Cheez-It crackers, mini pretzels, bread slices, wheat squares and pretzel slicks. (I don't think two types of pretzels was necessary) It is seasoned with paprika, cheddar, parmesan, salt, molasses, tomato powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Cheez-It Barbecue Snack Mix sort of smells like the Chex garlic seasoning packs grocery stores out here give away.

The barbecue flavor was smoky and craveable. Unfortunately, that taste only clung strongly to the Cheez-Its; it didn't stick on the other four types of snack pieces. I think this snack mix would be better with just the barbecue Cheez-It crackers alone. Also, I noticed a metallic aftertaste every time I snacked on the Cheez-It Cheddar & Barbecue Snack Mix. Did anyone else experience that, or was it just me ?

No comments: