Thursday, January 17, 2013

Grandma's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies



When I was a kid, my dad used to sell Grandma's Cookies and drinks on the side. Mom would then pack some of those cookies in my lunchbox. Let me tell you: I hated those cookies. They had an unappealing aftertaste that I couldn't stand. I also felt that Grandma's Cookies were too dry. 

After seeing Grandma's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk in various stores recently, I thought "Oh yum, peanut butter and chocolate sounds delicious. But I bet those cookies are still awful tasting. It's not worth the disappointment." And yet I obviously caved, as you can see. 

I was surprised to discover the cookies tasted completely different than the ones from my childhood. There are two cookies in every packet. Each peanut butter scented cookie was soft and moist, without being messy and crumbly. There were plenty of rich chocolate chunks, too. The aftertaste was buttery. 

Grandma's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies were a pleasant surprise for me. I would buy these again. 

No comments: