Thursday, January 24, 2013

Honey Maid Grahamfuls: Banana Vanilla Creme




Last night I bought a box of Banana Vanilla Creme Honey Maid Grahamfuls at Target (Yes, that is a mouthful, isn't it ?). There are eight .88 oz cracker sleeves per box. Each Grahamful is a sandwich of two long grahams and banana vanilla creme.

The graham crackers have a crunchy, nutty, honey flavor. I noticed a  texture similar to coconut shreds for some reason (not coconut taste). There is plenty of banana creme. However, the creme is pasty, slightly grainy and feels like knockoff Oreo cream filling. It tastes and smells of banana pudding powder + powdered milk (Banana powder and milk are listed ingredients). The amount of banana flavor isn't the problem; it's this particular aroma of banana that I dislike.

I would not buy Banana Vanilla Creme Honey Maid Grahamfuls again.  I should have bought the peanut butter or the chocolate Grahamfuls instead. Although I will note the Grahamfuls did get one vote in the AMW family for "These are yummy. I don't see why you dislike them. These would make a great pie crust. Or put them in banana pudding!"

No comments: