Thursday, January 24, 2013

Foxy's Gourmet: Butterscotch Appetizer

Create Your Own: Butterscotch Appetizers.Appetizer Mix

Creez Vos. Caramel Ecossais Mises En Bouche. Melange A Mises En Bouche






This month's butterscotch cravings prompted me to buy package of Foxy's Gourmet Butterscotch Appetizers on Amazon. It consists of one pouch of butterscotch powder and a recipe. When I purchased the mix, I mistakenly thought mini croissants were included.

The directions said to mix the powder with 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese (12 ounces), pipe the mix into mini croissant rolls and dip the edges with cress. I'm not planning a party this week, so wasting two packages of cream cheese on myself was out of the question. I substituted the cream cheese with one 6 ounce cup of Liberte Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt (creamy coconut yogurt with coconut puree on the bottom of the cup). The result was what I'd dub "the dough for carrot cake cookies." I topped my new treat with  Honey Maid Grahamfuls (with the filling scraped off). So good! 

I don't know how the original recipe would've turned out. But hurray for stumbling onto new recipes!

No comments: