Monday, May 15, 2017

CA Strawberry Kit Kat


The other day, I came across an exciting display of Hershey's new Flavors Of America collection at Walmart: Strawberry Kit Kat: Flavor Of California; Honey Roasted Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: Flavor Of Georgia; Cherry Cheesecake Hershey's Bar: Flavor Of New York; and Payday Peanut Caramel Bar: Flavor Of Texas BBQ. (Thrillist mentioned there are two other flavors, which I did not see on the shelf: Key Lime Pie & Orange Cream Pop Twizzlers: Flavor Of Florida & Coconut Almond Hershey's Kisses: Flavor Of Hawaii.) I'm going to make a separate post for each candy. 

Let's start with the Strawberry Kit Kat bars (which are produced by Hershey in the US vs Nestle in Japan). Now I was already aware that Nestle Japan makes several varieties of strawberry Kit, to the point that people often complain "Another variation of strawberry Kit Kat ? Boring!" But I was still excited to taste this new flavor of Kit Kat, since our U.S. flavors of it had been limited to white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate & chocolate mint for so long. 

I must confess up front that I generally do not like strawberry flavored candies. Upon opening the wrapper, I noticed the Kit Kat bar smelled like a strawberry candle & strawberry milk. Which I did not care for. The flavor of the strawberry creme coating was definitely strawberry candles & strawberry milk, too. I cannot see myself eating this flavor of Kit Kat again. If strawberry candies are generally delicious to you, though, I think you'll be pleased with Strawberry Kit Kat. I would definitely buy Strawberry Kit Kats as a gift for someone who fell into that category. 

On the positive side, I found the wafers to be crisper & tastier than the ones in milk chocolate Kit Kats, though I don't know if Hershey did that intentionally or not. 

Shelf box at Walmart

I do love the wrapper. It's fun, colorful & appetizing to look at!

It's a lovely shade of pink, don't you think ? 
I stashed the Kit Kats in a plastic freezer bag. You'd assume the strawberry scent wouldn't leak it out, right ? No such luck. The Kit Kats really perfumed up the counter after a short amount of time. Yuck!





No comments: